This last week has been fun--I feel like I am actually contributing to the lab. I am rotating through the lab with another grad student (she's from Jamaica and is really nice. Our lab is pretty interesting with all the different accents going around sometimes) We both started in this lab the same day and both felt like we pretty much would have got more done sitting at home watching soaps all day those first couple of days. But now, we are both more confident in what is expected of us and what we can do. In fact we are getting really good at collecting cell samples. The first day we collected data, it took about 4 or 5 hours. Today, we got all we needed in about an hour and a half.
If you haven't noticed, I'm being just a little incredibly vague in talking about what I actually do. You can guess at the reasons why I am doing so, but really, this blog is to help future MD/PhD students out, and the more vague I am, the better that the sciencey, abstract-thinking nerds like myself will be able to understand and relate.
So anyways, I am out of stuff to talk about, and seeing as how this post was pretty dry, I'd better stop before it gets worse.
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment