So I just finished the last official week of my first lab, but I've enjoyed it so much (and am hoping to help the lab get a paper published) and so I am going to continue to come in to the lab when I can, at least during orientation week for medical school. The PI I'm working with is more than happy to have an extra set of hands around the lab, especially because he likes to be busy--there were times during my rotation that 3 experiments were being carried out simultaneously by the 5 of us (it's a small lab by the way, which I think is good for more focused mentoring).
Speaking of orientation week, I skipped out on the financial aid part of the first day of orientation so that we could get some lab work done. I also am rearranging my schedule so that I can maximize my time in the lab and minimize my time in orientation, which I will be sure to whine about in my next blog. There was some useful information presented today (the first day of orientation), but there was also plenty of less-informative (ok, mind-numbingly boring) stuff as well. Oh well, I guess every apple has its core.
It is good that we are getting started with school, because the closer it got to orientation week, the more new students were around and more social events going on.
I can't wait for the challenge of classes starting next week though...
Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment