And I heard another funny comment (though I forget if I published the others about a some med students not being able to multiply 1/2 by 1/2 without a calculator, or one confusing "Nebraska" for "Alaska"). After getting a tour from a rad onc resident of the radiation therapy room and him showing us how the walls were 4+ feet thick concrete to keep the stray radiation from giving the techs cancer, a fellow student asked if the doc stood inside the room while people get their radiation. After hearing that, I decided to change the topic of my PhD research to figure out a better way to screen incoming med students. Ha ha just kidding, although really, I understand why people are hesitant to come to teaching hospitals...
Speaking of research labs, I'm in a little bit of a bind on my research lab. A lab I am thinking would fit me great doesn't have funding, but my 2nd choice lab has funding to burn. So we'll see what happens in a few months when I get around to writing in this more. I stopped blogging since I have a real journal now. It's actually very therapeutic to write, so I encourage you all to stop reading this and go write!
No comments:
Post a Comment