We finished our first big block of exams last week, so it was nice not to have to be a study-zombie like the few days before the test. Unfortunately, I booked myself with other activities (like going back to the lab I was in over the summer and do an eight-hour day worth of experiments just after finishing the human anatomy test--oh and it was totally worth it, just check out the data!!!).

That was last week; this week actually stood out because of a few things. We get to where our white coats for a lecture on Biochem (not too big a deal). Also, we got a few big blocks of time off, and I decided to use them--I shadowed 2 docs this week, one the afternoon after having to wear our white coats, the other was Friday morning. The first one was a radiation oncologist, the second was a pediatric oncologist. Not that there was anything bad about radiation oncology, it just didn't have the same mood or atmosphere as the pediatric oncology clinic did. I guess I'm a sucker for kids, but that makes me wonder if it'll be harder to work with sick kids...
So if I had to decide what my speacialty will be today, I would say ped onc, but we'll see how much that changes in the next few years as I actually have to start making that desicion.
No comments:
Post a Comment